To Our TACONIC Family,
At our hospital, we prioritize the health of not only our patients, but also of our valued clients and our dedicated and talented team.
We plan to remain open to provide essential care for your pets unless mandated otherwise, but we ask for your help to be able to do so.
We will continue to look to the CDC and the American and New York Veterinary Medical Associations for guidance on how to handle this unprecedented situation. As of now, we will adopt the following procedures to try to keep our team and our clients healthy:
- Please do not come to the hospital if you are feeling sick or if you are self-quarantined due to exposure or high risk. If possible, ask a friend or family member to bring your pet in for you, and give that person any necessary information regarding your pet’s history and symptoms as well as permission to approve testing or treatment if necessary. Please limit the number of persons in your vehicle whenever possible.
- We will be providing curbside care exclusively until further notice. Curbside for us means that we will meet you in the parking lot to address your needs, and all treatment discussion and payment collection will be conducted over the phone at the time of your pet’s visit. Please call 914-750-4911 when you arrive. Here’s what to expect:
- If you are picking up food or medication, please call ahead to order and we will call you when your pet’s order is ready. When you arrive, call us and we’ll bring it to your car.
- If you are dropping off or picking up for surgery, we will have a technician meet you at the curb to transfer your pet and to give pre- and post-op directives.
- If your visit is for a sick or well pet exam, we will take your pet inside the hospital while you wait in the car, and we will call you discuss our findings.
- If you are visiting for emergency care, a technician will greet you and, if needed, retrieve your pet from the vehicle.
We will be washing our hands, using hand sanitizer, and wiping down all surfaces as often as we can between patient visits to minimize risk of exposure to our clients, staff, and community.
We will continue to provide a wellness exam with the essential vaccines, heartworm testing and treatment, spay/neuter and dental procedures until further notice.
We ask for your patience and understanding as our staff works quickly to adjust our protocols to ensure the safety of our clients and team. We’re all in this together.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these changes, please call us at 914-750-4911.
Please stay safe and healthy, everyone.
Your TACONIC Doctors and Staff